Bharathidasan University has been established in the year 1982 with its motto “We will create a brave new world". The Bharathidasan University is a Public University situated in the state of Tamilnadu, India and has been named after famous poet “Bharathidasan”
After successfully completed its silver jubilee in 2006-2007, Today Bharathidasan University has 16 Schools including Center for Distance Education, 34 Departments. Bharathidasan University has 195 well qualified faculty members on the board to guide and teach 2372 students.
Also Read: Andhra University Distance Education || Acharya Nagarjuna University Distance MBA
Bharathidasan University: Affiliation and Recognition
- Bharathidasan University has been re-accredited with “A” Grade by NAAC society.
- Bharathidasan University is affiliated under UGC (University Grants Commission) and DEB (Distance Education Board), New Delhi.
- BDU is a member of AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- BDU is a member of ACU (Association of Commonwealth Universities).
Bharathidasan University (BDU) - Center for Distance Education (CDE)As far as Distance Education Courses are concern Bharathidasan University offers all distance education programmes under its Center for Distance Education, situated in the city Tiruchirappalli – Tamilnadu.
Bharathidasan University - Centre for Distance Education (CDE) has been established in the year 1992. The main reason behind starting distance education courses at CDE - Bharathidasan University wanted to cater the need of those students who could attend the regular classes for higher studies due to either lack of time or money. In this way, Centre for Distance Education has observed a healthy demand & started Bharathidasan University distance education courses for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Diploma, Postgraduate diploma and Certificate Course students.
All the Undergraduate programmes of Bharathidasan University are based on non-semester system but Postgraduate programmes, PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate programmes are based on semester system pattern. However, All management programmes like: Distance Education MBA, Distance Education MCA programmes are very popular among the management aspirants. As of now, Bharathidasan University Distance Education Programmes consist of 20 Undergraduate, 21 Post graduate Programmes and 12 other diploma & certificate programmes as well as 7 professional programmers adding a complete package for the distance education students.
Bharathidasan University covers 4 major Southern States of India - Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka. Although, in recent times CDE-BDU has started many study centers in India as well as in abroad.
To provide quality distance education courses, Bharathidasan University offers Personal Contact Programme (PCP) with its approved PCP Centers, located around 19 Towns and Cities across India. More than 20,000 students have been enrolled under CDE-BDU till now and these numbers are increasing day by day. Examination has been conducted by the University for UG, PG, Diploma and Other programmes on semester and non-semester wise pattern for the convenient of the students.
The Centre for Distance Education - Bharathidasan University offers more than 60 distance education courses/programmes such as:
- 20 Undergraduate programmes
- 21 Postgraduate programmes
- 12 Diploma courses and Certificate Courses
- 7 Professional courses including distance education MBA, MCA, PG Diploma and other Certificates programmes.
Bharathidasan University - Distance Education Courses 2016Bharathidasan University, Center for Distance Education (CDE) offers following distance education courses:
- Undergraduate Courses [Distance Education]
- Postgraduate Courses [Distance Education]
- Professional Courses [Distance Education]
- Diploma/PG Diploma Courses [Distance Education]
- Certificate Programmes [Distance Education]
Undergraduate Courses [Distance Education]:
- B.A. in History
- B.A. in Economics
- B.A. in Co-operation
- B.A. in Tamil
- B.A. in English
- B.Sc. in Visual Communication
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- B. Sc. in Mathematics
- B.Sc. in Information Technology
- B.Sc. in Hotel Management & Catering Science
- B.Sc. in Multimedia, Web Design & Internet
- B.Sc. in Physics
- B.Com: Bachelor of Commerce
Post Graduation Courses [Distance Education]:
- M.Sc. in Hotel Management & Catering Science
- M.Sc. in Electronics
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Physics
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.A in Women Studies
- M.A in Public Administration
- M.A in Sociology
- M.A in Journalism & Mass Communication
- M.A in Tamil
- M.A in English
- M.A in History
- M.A in Economics
- M.A in Philosophy
- M.H.R.M: Master of Human Resource Management
- M.Com: Master of Commerce
- M.Com. in Computer Applications
- M.Com. in Bank Management
- M.Com. in Financial Management
- M.Com. in Co-operation
- MLIS: Master of Library & Information Science
Professional Courses [Distance Education]:
- B.B.A: Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.C.A: Bachelor of Computer Application
- M.B.A: Master of Business Administration
- M.C.A: Master of Computer Application
- M.Sc. in Software Technology
- M.Sc. in E-Commerce and Its Applications
Diploma/PG Diploma Courses [Distance Education]:
- P.G.D.C.A: Post Graduation Diploma in Computer Applications
- Diploma in Arabic Pandit
- Diploma in Tamil Pandit
- Diploma in Archagar
- Diploma in Yoga
- Diploma in Thirukural
- Diploma in Tally (software)
Certificate Courses [Distance Education]:
- Certificate Course in Yoga
Other Distance Education Courses:
- B.Ed: Bachelor of Education
Bharathidasan University Distance Education: Admission Procedure 2016Bharathidasan University, Center for Distance Education takes admission every year for all programmes. To get admission into any course a candidate should know how to apply and procedure of admission, here we are giving some idea to take admission into CDE-BDU. It is as follows:
- How to Apply and Selection Procedure
- Entrance Test
- Admission Procedure – Distance Education Programmes
I. The Director, Center for Distance Education (or)
II. The Coordinator of concerned study center.
By Post (or) he/she also can send the application by the online mode along with the required documents/enclosures.
Entrance Test: Candidates have to appear in the entrance test at the time of Admission assigned by the study centers. Selection will be completely based on merit, marks obtained in the qualifying exam, and entrance test performance and work experience if any.
Admission Process of Bharathidasan University Distance Education Courses:Admission into any distance education programme will be made by the Director, Center for Distance Education, Campus, Tiruchirappalli - 620 024.
At any Approved Study Center of CDE - Bharathidasan University.
Candidate has to shown original certificates and experience certificate if any, at the time of the admission along with stamp size photograph, attested Xerox/Photostat copies of documents and a Demand Draft (D.D) of course fee. Original certificate will be returned after verification.
Center for Distance Education also conducts admission procedure through all approved PCP Centers on weekends Saturdays and Sundays.
Applicant who has downloaded the application form from the Bharathidasan University official website should send amount of the fee, cost of application form, and Registration Fee, in form of a Demand Draft (D.D) drawn in favour of "Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli", payable at S.B.I, BDU Branch, Tiruchirappalli 620024.
Contact Information: Bharathidasan University Distance Education
Centre for Distance Education
Tiruchirappalli - 620 024
Telephone: 91- 431 2407054/44
E-Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com