It has been named amongst popular and oldest Universities of India. It is a public university situated at urban area of Tamilnadu, India. Presently; Prof. G.S.N. Raju is Vice-Chancellor and Prof. K.Rama Mohana Rao is Registrar of the Andhra University.
Andhra University (AU) offers different Undergraduate courses, Postgraduate courses, Diploma, PG diploma and Certificate courses under Distance learning mode (or) Distance education mode as well as Regular mode of learning through its campus and 34 study centers for the distance education courses. Andhra University courses are designed by Top academicians that help students to get an easy access of quality education. After completing the course many students are working in top multinational companies in India and abroad.
Bharathiar University Distance Education Courses 2016
Annamalai University Distance Education Courses & Admission 2016
Anna University Distance Education MBA 2016
Andhra University: School of Distance Education (AU-SDE)Andhra University has started its School of Distance Education (AU-SDE) in 1972 for distance learning courses. It is also known as AU-SDE. However, Andhra University had many colleges to look for but the Main reason behind starting distance education courses at Andhra University is, to provide higher education to those students who could not go to the regular classes.
Andhra University has 34 study centers for distance education courses by which distance learning students are benefitting. These study centers are located in all parts of India including National capital New Delhi.
Andhra University: Recognition and Affiliation
- Andhra University is accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade.
- Andhra University is recognized by UGC, New Delhi.
- Andhra University is recognized by DEC (Distance Education Council), New Delhi to grant distance education courses.
- Andhra University is also affiliated by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
- Andhra University is ISO 9001:2000 Certified.
Andhra University Distance Education Courses 2016When it comes to Andhra University, It is known for its quality distance learning courses. Andhra University – School of Distance Education offers following distance education courses:
Undergraduate Courses (Duration: 3 years)Following are the distance education undergraduate courses offered by Andhra University, School of Distance Education:
1. Distance Education – B.A: Bachelor of Arts
(Medium: English & Telugu, followed by an Entrance Test)
2. Distance Education - B.Com: Bachelor of Commerce
(Medium: English & Telugu, followed by an Entrance Test)
3. B.Com in Customer Service Management
(Medium: English only)
4. Distance Education - B.Sc: Bachelor of Science
(Medium: English only)
Post Graduate Courses (Duration: 2 years)Andhra University, School of Distance Education Postgraduate courses are as follows:
- Distance Education – M.A: Master of Arts
- M.A in English
- M.A in Hindi
- M.A in Telgu
- M.A in History
- M.A in Economics
- M.A in Public Administration
- M.A in Politics
- M.A in Psychology
- M.A in Philosophy
- M.A in Sociology
- M.A/MSc. In Math
- Distance Education – M.Sc: Master of Science
- M.Sc in Zoology
- M.Sc in Botany
- M.Sc in Organic Chemistry
- Other Programmes:
- M.Com: Master of Commerce
- L.L.M: Latin Legum Magister/Master of Law
Distance Education - Professional Courses (Duration: 2 years)To become a skilled professional one need to do a lot of hard work and choosing a right professional programme. Andhra University, School of Distance Education offers following distance education Professional courses:
Distance Education - MBA: Master of Business AdministrationFollowing are the specializations areas in Distance learning MBA programme of Andhra University:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Hospital Administration
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
Distance Education – B.Ed: Bachelor of Education or MA in Education (Duration: 1 year)
Distance Education – MCA: Master of Computer Application (Duration: 3 years)
Executive MBA (Duration: 2 years)Following are the specializations areas in Distance Education E-MBA Programs of Andhra University, School of Distance Education:
- Executive MBA in Human Resource Management
- Executive MBA in Marketing Management
- Executive MBA in Finance
- Master of Journalism & Mass Communication
Diploma / PG Diploma CoursesAndhra University offers following distance education Diploma and PG Diploma courses through its School of Distance Education:
- Diploma in Music (Duration: 2 years)
- Diploma in Consumer Education (Duration: 6 Months)
PG Diploma Programmes:
- PG Diploma in Functional English
- PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- PG Diploma in Computer Programming & Applications
- PG Diploma in Management of Voluntary Organizations
- PG Diploma in Public Interest
- PG Diploma in Environmental Studies
- PG Diploma in Consumer Education
- PG Diploma in Translation
- PG Diploma in Digital Governance
- PG Diploma in Co-operation and Rural Studies
Certification CoursesFollowing are the distance education Certification Courses of Andhra University, School of Distance Education:
- Certificate Course in Office Automation & Internet Technologies (Medium: English)
- Certificate Course in Office Automation & Accounting (Medium: English)
- Certificate Course in Office Automation & Multimedia Technologies (Medium: English)
Andhra University Distance Education (AU SDE): Admission ProcedureImportant Instructions and Admission Procedure: if anyone is desired to take admission into any program, he/she has to follow admission guidelines given by School of Distance Education, Andhra University as follows:
- Candidate has to send duly filled Application Form along with all required enclosures to the Director, School of Distance Education, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam - 530 003 by registered post on or before the date given by the University in its press release. Note: Incomplete and Application Forms without Tuition Fees will be rejected by the AU-SDE.
- Candidate should clearly mention the name of the course in which he/she is seeking admission.
- Candidate should mention his/her Date of birth same as recorded in his/her Class 10th or equivalent examination.
- Candidate should mention his/her father/husband’s name same as recorded in his/her matriculation Certificate /S.S.L.C. / S.S.C/ H.S.C & M.P.S.L.C. Register.
- Candidate should attach one Xerox copy of each certificate with the Application Form along with original certificates. Note: original certificates will be returned to the candidate after verification.
- The following documents should be attach with the Application Form along with the original certificates carefully for verification purpose:
2) Two attested passport size recent photographs should be enclosed with the application form attested by a gazetted officer at the lower port of each photo.
3) A Demand Draft/S.D.E. Challan of Course Fees.
4) Proof/Certificate of Date of Birth.
5) An duly signed and photo affixed Identity Card given by AU-SDE should be enclosed with the application form.
6) Three address slips duly filled-in should be enclosed with the Application Form.
Spot Admission FacilityTo help the students and making Admission Procedure easy, Andhra University School of Distance Education has started spot admission facility through its selected study centers. To avail this facility student has to come selected study center with duly filled Application Form along with attested Photostat copies of documents (with original certificates) and a Demand Draft of required fees. After verifying the original certificates, center will return the original documents to the student immediately and he/she will be given admission into the program.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Courses 2016
Osmania University Distance Education Courses 2016
Acharya Nagarjuna University Distance Education MBA 2016
Andhra University Distance Education (AU SDE): Contact Details
School of Distance Education,
Visakhapatnam - 530 003,
Phones numbers: 0891 – 2844142, 0891 – 2550223, 0891 – 2575745
Note: We have tried to give you all the necessary information about Andhra University Distance Education Courses and Admission Procedure but information given here may not be comprehensive/complete, For more information about the distance education courses please visit Andhra University Distance Education website link mentioned above.