Pondicherry University Distance Education: About the University
Hon’ble Vice President of India, Mr. Mohammad Hamid Ansari is Chancellor and Prof. Mrs. Chandra Krishnamurthy is Vice-Chancellor of Pondicherry University.
Pondicherry University has 15 Schools (Including Directorate of Distance Education - DDE of Pondicherry University for Distance Education Programs), 37 Departments, and 10 Centers offering 175 Postgraduate and Research programmes for students to choose from. The University is situated in the middle of the Punducherry, just 12 kms distance from the city. University has fantastic infrastructure spread over 800 acres of area and at the same time campus is fully Wi-Fi to provide internet access 24 hours to the students.
Directorate of Distance Education: Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University: Affiliation and Recognition
Pondicherry University Distance Education Courses 2016
- Distance Education MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- PG Diploma Courses in Distance Learning Mode
Pondicherry University: Postgraduate/Professional Distance Education Courses
- Distance Learning MBA: Master of Business Administration (General)
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- MBA in Retail Management (RM)
- MBA in International Business (IB)
- MBA in Tourism Management (TM)
- MBA in Insurance Management (IM)
- MBA in Hospital Management (HM)
- MBA in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM)
If you take admission into any MBA Programme of DDE-Pondicherry University, you have passed all the four semester of the programme within duration of two years.
Eligibility Criteria for Distance Education MBA Programmes:
For its MBA Programme, Pondicherry University requires a candidate who has completed his/her studies under 10+2+3 (or) 11+1+3 (or) 11+2+2 Pattern of college education from any government recognized university situated in India.
Note: For getting admission into MBA in Hospital Management a candidate must match following Eligibility criteria:
• A Graduate degree from any Govt. recognized university with minimum 2 years of work Experience in a reputed hospital.
• Any Graduate with a MBBS degree in Pharmacy/Dental/Nursing/Physiotherapy/Bio-Engineering/Bio-Sciences and a Graduate from any of the Indian Medicine Systems like: Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha and Unani etc.
Pondicherry University: Postgraduate Diploma Courses (PG Diploma) in Distance Learning Mode
Pondicherry University PG Diploma or Postgraduate Diploma programmes are as follows:
PGDBA: PG Diploma in Business Administration
PGDMM: PG Diploma in Marketing Management
PGDHRM: PG Diploma in Human Resource Management
PGDFM: PG Diploma in Financial Management
Duration for Pondicherry University PG Diploma Programme: 2 Semesters
All PG Diploma courses has one year of duration with 2 Semesters of six months each. A candidate has to clear both the semesters to pass PG diploma programme.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma Programmes:
Pondicherry University Distance Education: Admission Procedure
In Person: Students can get Application Form or Prospectus of desired course free of cost from the DDE office of Pondicherry University.
By Post: Students can send a self addressed envelope (25x18 cm) with Ten Rupees stamped on it and addressed to The Director, DDE, Pondicherry University, Puducherry-605014, to get this Application Form/Prospectus.
Download from the Pondicherry University website: Candidates can also download the Application Form / Prospectus from the University website. They have to fill all columns in the form very carefully such as:
- Candidates have to fill all the columns in the application very carefully including the ID card, address, e-mail id and mobile number.A passport size photograph (attested) should be affixed in the Application form as the space provided for.
- Duly filled-in Application Forms should be attach with the following documents:
- A Demand Draft of Course Fee, drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Puducherry”, payable at Puducherry. (OR)
- Payment through Challan: DDE copy of Challan paid at Indian Bank, Pondicherry University in DDE A/C No.413264239.(OR)
- Online gateway Challan: For this, students can go with DDE link available on the Pondicherry University website www.pondiuni.edu.in.
- On the back side of the Demand draft, students should write his/her Name, Course applied for, and Mobile number properly.
- Fee once deposited will not be refunded / adjusted under any circumstances.
- Both original and attested Photostat copies of Class 12th (10+2) Mark Sheet and,
- Students have to verify Graduation Degree or Provisional Certificate or Consolidated Marks Sheet of Degree in front of the verification panel.
Note: Be Careful while filling and sending the Application Form:
Incomplete and Applications without supporting documents will be rejected.
All rights reserved to the DDE authorities and no one claim Admission as a matter of right.
If any Candidate does not get back his/her certificates within a month from the date of admission. He/she should write immediately about this to the Directorate of Distance Education, PDU.
It is not necessary to submit Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate to the University.
All MBA except MBA Hospital Management: 24,925
MBA in Hospital Management Fee: 55,500
PG Diplomas Fee: 13,000
1. Fee Structure is also divided into Semester Basis; students can pay their programme fee at the beginning of every semester as per rules of the University. For more details on semester wise fee payment options students can visit the University website and also can contact on available phone numbers.
2. 100% fee concession for physically handicap students.
3. 50% Tuition fee concession for: Non- teaching employees of Pondicherry University and their wards only (Group B, C & D) and Defence Personnel serving in Indian Armed Forces, Widows, Deserted Women, Prisoners, Transgender.
4. To avail fee concession facility incumbent must enclose a certificate of proof from competent authority.
Important Admission Dates of Pondicherry University 2016
Pondicherry University conducts Admission procedure twice a year for its distance education programmes. Interested candidates can enroll themselves first as per calendar year January – February and another as per academic year July – September.
Medium of Instruction:
New Proposed Courses of Pondicherry University under Distance Education Mode:
Pondicherry University, Doctorate of Distance Education is going to announce some new Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PG Diploma courses this year. As per the available information there is some time in finalization the courses, as soon as management finalize the course we will inform about these courses on our website.
These distance learning courses will be based on either on online mode or virtual class room mode of learning.
Directorate of Distance Education
Puducherry – Pin code no: 605014
Phone no: 0413-2654439, 0413-2654441
We do care your career & future endeavors and believe to give you right information about the Courses and Universities. If you want to take more information about distance learning courses of Pondicherry University keep in touch with our website www.educationfrog.com. Thanks for visiting!